Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Microsoft hasn't abandon us!

Better late than never. According to this Microsoft blog, Microsoft will release Service Pack 1 for VS.NET 2003. The beta has been out for some time and finally they decide to release it on 15 Aug 2006, if no futher delay introduced.

This is certainly good news for me, who is still using VS.NET 2003. I have been struggling in the past few weeks because of the infamous "Unexpected error creating debug information file ... The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". In my case, aspnet_wp.exe process is locking the PDB file, so everytime I want to build the solution I need to kill the process manually. Furthermore, whether this is related or not, my VS.NET debugger is not working properly. When I mouseover a variable, the value does not come correctly. The value will appear much later after I traverse down several line of codes, so the QuickWatch and Watch become useless. This problem is not yet solved until now although I already took drastic measure to uninstall and install VS.NET.

Finger crossed VS.NET 2003 SP1 will fix those problems, otherwise I have to live with it until the next upgrade to VS.NET 2005 :(

No comments: